Our Open Ocean 750 Sailing Catamaran launched in 2013 has been custom-designed and built for comfortable and relaxed cruising and therefore is essentially the comfortable and luxurious on-the-water home away from home.
This is a yacht of elegance, with beautiful lines and intricate features. The interior has been designed for effortless ocean living as the easily accessible spaces are open and free-flowing. She boasts a spacious saloon and galley, with all the comforts one could ask for on a luxury holiday – B&O full sound system, 32 inch TV and DVD player in the saloon, with two Vitrifrigo fridges and freezer and Miele appliances such as; an ice-maker, microwave, coffee machine, dishwasher, washing machine, tumble dryer and a Smeg gas oven in the galley area.
Moving out of the saloon into the spacious aft cockpit, one finds plenty of comfortable and stylish custom-made outdoor furniture and a bar area with braai and a fridge on teak decks. Interior soles are solid European oak with furniture modules made from stained oak veneers. Du Toit Yacht Design worked very closely with the owner on the design and style paying close attention to detail resulting in a simple yet magnificent interior.
Up a level, on the sheltered flybridge is where one comfortably pilot’s the yacht, while seated on beautiful Besenzoni chairs using the electric Harken Winches and Spinlock jammers. Also, there is a “WaterRower” wooden rowing machine to keep fit while cruising and a comfortable sitting area so family and guests can join the skipper in sailing the boat once under sail or motor.
The Open Ocean 750 Sailing Catamaran has a six metre Gemini Waverider 600 tender with 2 x Yamaha 75hp engines on the aft deck behind the aft cockpit and is launched by means of an integrated boom crane. The dingy also provides some privacy from the dock when moored stern to. On the foredeck is a smaller tender with a 15 HP Yamaha and a crane davit to launch her. There are plenty of lockers and storage space for dive gear, ropes and other toys. Also in the hulls aft are two Yanmar 4LHA-STP 240hp engines driving two 26” 4-blade Varifold props for fast and efficient steaming, with a starboard bow thruster for easy manoeuvring and docking.
Accommodation down below deck is luxurious, comfortable and versatile. The catamaran has ample accommodation for the family, crew and guests, and could sleep 12 (8 guests and 4 crew) people easily. The port hull occupies the owners’ suite aft, and a guest suite forward, both with lovely en-suite spacious heads and showers with a crew cabin forward of that.
The starboard hull has another guest suite aft and the children’s cabins forward of that, with an upper and lower single berth and further forward is a v-berth that can be converted to a double. Both the guest and children’s cabins have en-suite heads and showers, and there is also a day head for guests and crew.
When you book an all-inclusive charter with your family or fishing friends, we promise you full use of the main motor yacht for the length of your tour. We offer you these perks on your unique charter experience:
- Friendly pro skipper and crew
- Full use of a ski boat, radios, ﬁsh ﬁnders and safety gear
- Elegant cabins for up to 6 guests
- All linen and bathroom towels (please bring your own beach towels)
- Full board accommodation with all meals plus teas, coffees, local soft drinks, snacks and picnics
- All onboard equipment and facilities FREE
- Fishing and use of onboard gear and tackle
- Snorkelling and equipment, Kayaks, Scuba Diving – 8 dive tanks, weight belts, compressor and 6 sets of scuba gear
- Use of onboard motorised tenders with outboard
- Water, gas and consumables
We encourage serious scuba divers to bring their own soft gear where possible as the onboard gear is for casual divers and backup use. There is a PADI dive centre on our base at Ibo Island, should you need to rent dive gear. Keen anglers can also bring their own fishing gear if that is what blows their hair back.
ADVENTUROUS ACTIVITIES ON THE OCEAN
- Conventional Fishing –Fully fitted out for ﬁshing with out-riggers, the Maxim 400 Cat is the ideal boat for your ultimate ﬁshing adventure. We can offer all types of ﬁshing, from jigging and popping to trawling and sports ﬁshing for Broadbill as well as being a perfect platform for ﬂy-ﬁshing too.
- Fly Fishing – This Power Yacht has no rigging, therefore, plenty of space for casting straight from the main decks or from her enlarged stern platform and her two water-level dive and swim platforms. She comes with a 22ft ski boat ideal for ﬂy ﬁshing.
- Scuba Diving – We carry dive tanks, compressors, weight belts and dive gear on-board for certified divers only. Serious divers are encouraged to bring their own soft gear where possible as the onboard gear is for casual divers and backup.
- Kayaking & Snorkelling – Discover our unique variety of snorkel gear and two sea kayaks. You can also use our fun inﬂatable toys on your perfect island cruising yacht.
- Kite Surﬁng, Stand-Up Paddle Boarding, Windsurﬁng and Kayaking Expeditions – The perks of a power yacht include being the ideal home base and support vessel for other adventure charters such as Kite Surﬁng, Stand-Up Paddle Boarding and Windsurﬁng and Kayaking expeditions.